Takura Steel Buildings
Takura Steel Buildings is a leading supplier of Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings and Components.
“Melt-Span panels are economical, offer unlimited design flexibility, and are durable and quick to install.”
Get a Free Quotes
CFR Roof Panels
Metl-Span CFR is an insulated metal standing seam roof panel, and is the foremost innovation in all-in-one composite panel design, combining durable interior and exterior faces with Metl-Span’s unmatched polyurethane core.
The CFR roof panel provides exceptional benefits including a standing seam exterior face for unsurpassed weathertight performance, and panel widths contributing to installation savings because there are fewer side joints to seal. CFR roof panels are installed completely from the top side with concealed clips and fasteners placed in the side joint. Cold Storage applications may require alternate methods of attachment. Factory cut panel ends, factory notching and factory swaged ends eliminate critical and extensive field reworking and reduce erection costs. Factory installed backer plates at the endlaps also eliminate pre-drilling for special fasteners and fastener tools.
Careful design parameters have enabled Metl-Span to create an incomparable roof system that is easily and quickly installed without dependence on highly skilled labor.
2″ high standing seam with Mesa profile between the seams
Mesa, nominal 1/8″ deep
Foamed-in-place, Non-CFC & zero ODP polyurethane, FM Class 1 approval
K-factor, Btu in/ft2 hr. °F @ 75°F (24°C) mean core temperature = 0.140.
K-factor, Btu in/ft2 hr. °F @ 40°F (4°C) mean core temperature = 0.126
30″, 36″, 42″
2″, 2 1/2″, 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″
9′-6″ to 53′-0″
Stucco embossed, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel in 24 Ga. and 22 Ga.
Stucco embossed, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel in 26 Ga., 24 Ga. and 22 Ga.
Mechanically closed single lock standing seam at the exterior side joint. The interior side joint is a single tongue and groove interlock
Two-piece clip with fasteners concealed in the side joint. Cold Storage applications may require alternate methods of attachment. Contact the factory.
UL 90 rated, FM Approvals Standard 4471, and Florida Building Code approved. Dade County NOA No. 09-0310-10
A full range of exterior colors & coatings are available for the architectural market. For specific information about our available colors and coatings, visit us online for a comprehensive selection.
FM Approved Class 1 with no height restrictions.
Superior Insulating Value across the entire wall and roof area is assured with Metl-Span panels. The advanced polyurethane core provides enhanced insulation values that significantly lowers heating and cooling costs.
One-Piece Construction process assures rapid completion of the wall and roof system. Factory fabricated composite panels are attached directly to the supporting structure and multiple steps to construct the insulated wall and roof are eliminated. Faster building completion means reduced construction and interim financing costs.
Lightweight yet Structurally Strong panels weigh only 2 ½ to 3 ½ pounds per square foot, but are structurally strong enough for long spans that can significantly reduce costs for frame support.
Impermeable Faces & Built-in Thermal Breaks ensure the highest insulating values are maintained for the life of the building. Panels are manufactured with impermeable faces and when installed the insulation is completely encapsulated by metal trim that creates an impermeable membrane on all sides of the panel. The aged “R” values are comparable to the initial “R” values many years after the buildings original completion. Assured thermal values mean lower heating and cooling costs.
Class 1 Polyurethane Foam meets the requirements of the major model building codes for many types of construction. Unlike panels with expanded polystyrene cores they will not produce a self-propagating fire. Local building codes may require automatic fire suppression systems for most installations.
Concealed Attachment with clips and fasteners at the side joint of the panel
offers a clean high profile appearance. No more barn like metal building looks.
Metl-Span are Lightweight, yet very strong and durable attributing to reduced costs for erection and structural support.
|Exterior Profile:||2″ high standing seam with a Mesa Wave pattern, nominal 1/8″ deep, between the seams.|
|Interior Profile:||Mesa wave pattern, nominal 1/8″ deep.
Light Mesa wave pattern, nominal 1/16″ deep.
|Foam Core:||Foamed-in-place, Non-CFC & zero ODP polyurethane, Factory Mutual Class 1 approval.|
|Thermal Values:||R-Values with Air Films||75° Mean||40° Mean|
• R-Values include the air films on each side of the panel
• 75° Mean based on ASTM C518 Thermal Testing. 40° Mean based on ASTM C1363 Thermal Testing (Values for C1363 based on 4″ panel testing). All values for other thicknesses extrapolated
|Module Width:||30″, 36″ & 42″|
|Panel Thickness:||2″, 2-1/2″, 3″, 4″, 5″ & 6″|
|Panel Lengths:||Standard 9′-6″ to 50′-0″.|
|Horizontal Application Reveal Widths:|
|Exterior Facings:||Stucco embossed, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel in 24 Ga. and 22 Ga.|
|Interior Facings:||Stucco embossed, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel in 26 Ga., 24 Ga. and 22 Ga.|
|Standard Exterior:||Full-Strength 70% PVDF Fluoropolymer Coating.|
|Finishes & Colors:||
Polar White, Sandstone, Regal Gray, Desert Beige* and Dark Bronze*.
|Interior Finishes & Colors:||USDA-compliant Polyester, Igloo White.|
|Joint:||Mechanically closed single lock standing seam at the exterior side joint. The interior side joint is a single tongue and groove interlock.|
|Fastening:||Two-piece clip with fasteners concealed in the side joint. Cold Storage applications may require alternate methods of attachment. Contact Metl-Span.|
|Uplift Performance:||UL 90 rated, Factory Mutual 4471, FM 1-90 windstorm and Florida Building Code approved.
Dade County NOA No. 03-0707.03.
|FM Approved Class 1 with no height restrictions, 2″- 6″ thick.|
|CFR-42 ROOF SYSTEM ALLOWABLE UNIFORM LOAD CHART|
|ALLOWABLE LOAD (PSF)|
|PANEL SPAN (FT)|
|42″ WIDE, 2″ THICK
|BENDING & SHEAR||143.8||118.0||86.2||67.7||55.7||47.3|
|42″ WIDE, 2.5″ THICK
|BENDING & SHEAR||165.5||135.8||99.3||77.9||64.0||54.3|
|42″ WIDE, 3″ THICK
|BENDING & SHEAR||184.9||152.0||111.2||87.2||71.5||60.6|
|42″ WIDE, 4″ THICK
|BENDING & SHEAR||196.2||161.6||118.6||93.0||76.2||64.5|
|42″ WIDE, 5″ THICK
|BENDING & SHEAR||223.1||184.2||135.6||106.5||87.3||73.8|
|42″ WIDE, 6″ THICK
|BENDING & SHEAR||247.2||204.5||151.0||118.9||97.6||82.5|
- Based on CFR-42 panel with 24 ga. exterior face (min Fy = 50 ksi) and 26 ga. interior face (min Fy = 33 ksi).
- Based on attachment at interior supports with CFR panel clip and (2 or 3 as shown above) 1/4″-14 Self-Drilling Tek 3 screws in min. 14 gage steel or (2) 1/4″-14 Self-Drilling Tek 3 screws in min. 12 gage steel. Two fasteners per clip are required at end supports. In lieu of self-drilling screws, self-tapping screws may be used.
- Allowable positive load is the lowest value of panel bending strength, shear strength & deflection limit.
- Allowable suction load is the lowest value of panel bending strength, shear strength, deflection limit and connection strength for each fastener pattern.
- Connection loads may be increased with Fablok. Consult Metl-Span for additional loads.
- The loads based on panel stress and deflection design criteria are derived from ASTM E-72 structural testing. The allowable loads are calculated with a factor of safety of 2.5 and 3.0 for bending and shear stresses, respectively, and deflection limitation of L/240 and with a factor of safety of 2.0 for connection strength.
- The clip fastener capacity was determined from manufacturer fastener pullout data and the allowable loads are calculated with a factor of safety of 3.0.
- The structural capacity of the purlins are not considered and must be examined independently.
- Multiple spans are based on 3 or more spans conditions.
- For allowable snow loads please consult factory.